The first round of the Cycle like the Sedins Re-Draft has been completed. 30 bloggers have picked players for all 30 NHL teams. The second round is speeding right along, so I expect it to be completed by Saturday at the latest.
As a refresher, here are the known terms of the Re-Draft:
- 30 bloggers from various blogs around the internet - including a few others here on SB Nation - are team GMs.
- Picks are in snake order: 1-30 for odd numbered rounds, and 30-1 for even numbered rounds. Last I'd heard that was the case, anyways. There was talk of doing a z-order, but I think that got shot down.
- There is a $57 million salary cap. No cap floor has been mentioned.
- Only the actual cap hit matters, not the full player salary.
- Trades are allowed.
- Presumably, this will be going 23 rounds. Or, at least, until we get bored or someone tells us to stop.
- This is an offseason exercise only. This is not a fantasy league draft.
- The winner will be determined by an NHL 10 simulation.
If you have any suggestion for the 58th (second round) and 63rd (third round) Lightning picks, please leave them in the comments. And please be respectful. Thank you.
The results are after the jump.
|Pick||CSL Team||Player||NHL Team||Position||Cap Hit|
|3||Tampa Bay||Lundqvist, Henrik||New York Rangers||G||$6,875,000|
|6||New York Islanders||Lidstrom, Nicklas||Detroit||D||$7,450,000|
|8||Edmonton||Parise, Zach||New Jersey||C||$3,125,000|
|10||Atlanta||Lecavalier, Vincent||Tampa Bay||C||$7,727,273|
|11||St. Louis||Luongo, Roberto||Vancouver||G||$6,750,000|
|17||Los Angeles||Carter, Jeff||Philadelphia||C||$5,000,000|
|19||Carolina||Brodeur, Martin||New Jersey||G||$5,200,000|
|20||New York Rangers||Kiprusoff, Miikka||Calgary||G||$5,833,333|
|21||New Jersey||Backstrom, Niklas||Minnesota||G||$6,000,000|
|23||San Jose||Pronger, Chris||Philadelphia||D||$6,250,000|
|25||Boston||Thornton, Joe||San Jose||C||$7,200,000|