Normally I would try to fill this intro with something hockey related, but today I would just like to highlight just one thing that is going on at the rink tonight for the Lightning vs. Leafs game. Tonight (and again next Sunday against the Wild), the Lightning are holding a food drive for the homeless. The Lightning, in conjunction with the Metropolitan Ministries, will be collecting non-perishable food items in the west plaza before puck drop. It's Thanksgiving coming up, so bring something to drop off if you are going to the game tonight. Oh did I mention that the Lightning wives and girlfriends will be collecting items?
Also at the game tonight, the Lightning will honor members of the military for Military Night out. Tickets have been donated to the local military and their families to take in this game.
Your links from around the boltosphere and the NHL after the jump...
Your Lightning links:
Mike Corcoran interviewed Gary Bettman for an ESPN Radio affiliate in Tampa.
- Cory Lavalette at From the Rink looks into the three teams that would they think would be the best fit Jarome Iginla: St. Louis Blues, Buffalo Sabres and Tampa Bay Lightning. No mention of the Kings in the list though
- Jonathan Willis asks "What if Jay Feaster had pulled the trigger on a Tomas Vokoun Deal?". Imagine life without Stamkos
- The Pension Plan Puppets measures the impact of special teams over the course of a season
- Puck Daddy interviews Steven Stamkos
Your links from around the NHL:
- Some teams think that if your home team can't bring in enough fans, you should just market to the opposition's fans
- Rock the Red has a fabulous "how to" list on bringing a baby to Capitals game. Even has suggestions for ear muffs
- Bruce Arthur at the National Post has a piece on why yesterday was an awful day for the Hockey Hall of Fame
- Broad Street Hockey has the details on the Flyers inking Claude Giroux to a 3 year, $11.25 million contract
- Chris Kontos from The Royal Half breaks down the different types of puns on NHL.com into seven categories and demonstrates examples of how to make them
- Matt Reitz of View From My Serats has a translation of NHL code words
- Mike Chen writes about the NHL vs. NBA on secondary ticket prices
- SBN raises more funding and acquires SportsRadioInterviews (via CNBC)
- Justin Bourne on Hockey Primetime calls puck battles the most underrated hockey non-statistic
Because John liked this one: Andy Warhol image of Wayne Gretzky on eBay