It seems like every other week there is something major that goes down for the Lightning. First, Yzerman. Two weeks later, Boucher.
This time, it's the acquisition of Simon Gagne.
- It's "The Summer of Stevie" [The Sporting News]
- The Gagne deal is a backwards-building move but it's a good move says Joe Henderson [TBO]
- Even at it's worst possible outcome, the Bolts come out on top with this trade (well, unless that fourth round draft pick...) [TampaBay.com]
- Quotes from the team and around the league about the deal. [Tampabay.com]
- Video of Steven Stamkos being told about the trade, and his reaction [TSN]
- It's a Flyers perspective but The Hockey Writers are questioning the Simon Gagne trade -- as they should. As Any Flyer fan should. [The Hockey Writers]
- Mike Corcoran gives a rundown of the day -- Gagne fallout (and Malone rumors), the new coaching staff, and taking the naysaying traditional media to task. [Creative Loafing]
- Lost Amid the hubbub of the deal yesterday, the Lightning had a feature article about a groundbreaking player that once wore Lightning colors: netminder Manon Rheaume [Tampa Bay Lightning]
- Speaking of names from the Lightning's past, did you know former Bolts defenseman and fan favorite Enrico Ciccone is on Twitter? [Twitter]
- Su Ring interviewed Bolts draft pick Radko Gudas before the Developmental Camp last week [King 5]
- Lost and Found [Don't Trade Vinny]
League wide links below the jump, and don't forget to vote int eh fan confidence poll!
- Shattuck-St. Mary's is the prep epicenter for the game of hockey, boasting alumni such as Zach Parise, Sidney Crosby, and Lightning prospect Jimmy Mullin among others [The Hockey Writers]
- ESPN, your hockey news coverage sucks. Signed -- Mike Commodore and NHL fans everywhere [Defending Big D]
- Rick Dudley will move veterans if young players demonstrate ability with Thrashers [Bird Watchers Anonymous]
- Youth Hockey in the Southeast division, is it a sign that the game is catching on? [Hoosier Hockey]
- Going off-the-board with draft selections. [mc79hockey]
- Should the NHL do anything, or what can they do, about ridicul9ous contracts like the one Ilya Kovalchuk signed yesterday? [On The Forecheck]
- Salary Cap Charity, the kindness of competitors in helping to ease the Salary Cap burden [Hockey Plumber]
- Should the Panthers be wary that they haven't made a move now that Gagne is in Tampa? [The Litter Box]