Only one more game before the NHL All-Star game this weekend and Martin St. Louis thinks of reasons why Stamkos should go number 1 in the NHL All-Star Draft. He comes up with 38 of them to be exact. (NHL.com also spells St. Louis name wrong in the title of the article calling him Marin St. Louis but that's not the point of the link).
But looking ahead after the All-Star game, is the continuance of the Lightning's giant homestand and the NHL trade deadline that happens at the end of February. If the Lightning are in a similar position to what they are right now in the standings, it may make for an interesting deadline for the Lightning.
Your Lightning and NHL links after the jump...
- Steven Stamkos was named NHL's 2nd star of the week
- A look into the life of Lightning CEO Tod Leiweke and what he's all about
- In a long homestand, sometimes players feel like their in the movie Groundhog Day with the practices and morning skakes. But Yzermans says "Guy is not afraid to shake things up. And I suspect over the course of the month, he'll try to do different things to make sure the guys don't get in a rut."
- EJ Hradek makes a case for Tampa to win the Stanley Cup this season
- After Guy Boucher gives a comment about the lack off success the current Devil's coach Jacques Lemaire is having, John Tortorella defends former Devil's coach John MacLean and tells Boucher to mind his own business if he doesn't have something nice to say
Links from around the NHL:
- This one's a bit of an essay, but it's an interesting read on statistics and hockey at a blog called Theory of Ice
- Elliotte Friedman's 30 Thoughts: The Nabokov mess
- Down Goes Brown: Looking on the bright side of the Ottawa Senators season
- Marc Savard is sidelined again with another concussion (Globe and Mail)
- Crosby will miss the All-Star game and Malkin is unlikely to play (TSN)
- The NHLPA hire four more people, most notably Richard Rodier, who represented Jim Balsille previously, lands a job as a "lawyer and economic consultant"
- Neat story in the National Post on the new era of team bonding which can vary from a sailboat regatta, scavenger hunts in Sweden or a field trip to the FBI’s Training Academy in Quantico, Va.
- You get the feeling by reading this article in the Daily Tribune that the writer really doesn't like the idea of the NHL All-Star game
Your video of the week takes on the question: will there be an end to the beer line at hockey games?