My dear fellow Lightning fans. I know this is probably not the right way to ask for help, this should be about the Lightning after all, but I hope our great and amazing admins won't mind this little Fan Post. I am writing this in order to ask for your help and advice. This is mostly addressed to Tampa locals or to those who have experience with going to the Lightning games at the Forum and/or to the team's practices or morning skates.
As some of you might know I am heading to Florida next week. I am staying in Orlando but I will travel down to Tampa to see two Lightning games. I already have tickets to the game on March 29 when the Lightning play the Senators and on March 31 when they host the Penguins. On Tuesday (3/29) we should be spending time in Tampa only in the afternoon, while on Thursday (3/31) we should be there from the morning, spending there pretty much whole day.
So, here are some question I have for you. If you could provide me with any kind of information I would be really happy.
- What time do you suggest is the best to arrive to the Forum so we don't have any problems with parking?
- In case there is a morning skate on Thursday, is there any chance for me to go and watch it? (I'm a fan from overseas, they could make an exception, eh? Haha.)
- When is the best chance to meet the players prior the game? I don't think I could wait for after the game because we would be heading back to Orlando right after the game.
- At what time do they open the Forum for people to go inside prior the games? As I said, I would like to spend as much time as possible there but if it's closed then roaming around the arena would be kind of pointless (unless there's a chance to meet players, haha).
- Since my family wants to spend the day/afternoon in Tampa, what places do you suggest we visit?
- Is there anyone who wants to meet me at any of the games? I know about Lindsay but we didn't really arrange anything yet. We should fix that!
- Can anyone of you inform the team that I am coming? You know, all the way from the Europe, only to see the Lightning, they should treat me in some special way, non? Hahaha.
All right, I think that's probably all. As I said, ANY information regarding my questions will be highly appreciated!
Thank you very much!