BOSTON, MA - MAY 27: Head coach Guy Boucher of the Tampa Bay Lightning and his team react after their o to 1 loss to the Boston Bruins in Game Seven of the Eastern Conference Finals during the 2011 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs at TD Garden on May 27, 2011 in Boston, Massachusetts. (Photo by Jim Rogash/Getty Images)
Before we go on vacation - the one in our minds since we're really not going anywhere (Right, Clark? Clark? Hey...CLARK?!) - there's just one more thing left to say before we move on to other more draft-like things. And it's something that all of have wanted to say all season long. So, here it goes.
There are so many people left to thank. (Cue the orchestra music, spotlight, solitary microphone, and heavy statuette that you could bludgeon someone with - not that I'm advocating violence here.) I think the solution here is bullet points. I love bullet points!
- First off, I want to thank our regulars on Raw Charge. You all know who you are. You come from all corners of the globe: Czech Republic, New Zealand, England, Brazil, etc.; but also from all parts of Canada and the US. You're al awesome, and we love you for keeping up with our crazy and zany ways. You're the best!
- Thank you to all of the hockey fans from just about every NHL team, stopping by to hang out with us on game threads and leaving comments on our stories. We've had people who represented most of the Eastern Conference, as well as a few from the Western conference, stop in and say hi. We love the different perspectives you share with us.
- Over the course of the playoffs, we had a couple of New York Rangers fans who are regulars on Blueshirt Banter hang out with us for many of the games, but a number of other BSB regulars came by as well. We've also had a number of Florida Panthers fans from Litter Box Cats adopt us for the duration as well. And we can't forget the back-to-back game threads that we'd have with the LBC crowd during Lightning-Panthers regular season games - those were fun! Then, at the end of the series with the Boston Bruins, we had a large group from Nucks Misconduct camp out with us waiting to see who their Vancouver Canucks would be playing. Other fan bases that have hung out with us en masse over the course of the season were fans from the Philadelphia Flyers and Broad Street Hockey, as well as Detroit Red Wings fans from Winging It In Mowtown, New York Islanders fans at Lighthouse Hockey, and New Jersey Devils fans from In Lou We Trust. So we'd like to thank those particular SB Nation sites for supporting us as well.
A couple of personal thank you's from me:
- I'd like to thank the Norfolk Admirals for granting me media credentials. I live in Virginia, thought I'm an almost 3-hour drive from Norfolk, and they've been great in helping me with anything I've requested or needed from them. I wish I could do more, especially since they've been so generous, but the distance doesn't exactly make them convenient. Still, they were just as great with us as the Lightning have been, and I can't thank them enough for that.
- I'd also like to thank the NHL for granting me credentials to the NHL All-Star Game in Raleigh, North Carolina, this past January. It was an experience of a lifetime, and it was very interesting to see such an event as a member of the media. Meeting national traditional media and comparing notes and getting tips was pretty exciting. The NHL has been fantastic in working with SB Nation and has granted writers from our sites access to events such as the All-Star Game, the Winter Classic, the Entry Draft, and the Awards Show, and I'm very thankful that I got to be a part of a major NHL event.
Thanks for a great season, everyone! We'll have more this week and on into the summer. Hope you have a great offseason, and remember to come drop in on our Tuesday night open threads at 7:30 pm Eastern all summer long.