Here's a quick explanation about these Tuesday Night link-dump open threads: We amass links to other sites from around the web during the week, and publish them all on Tuesday Night's at 7:30 during the off-season. We invite everyone to stop by and chat and treat this like a game-thread... Even though there is no game going on.
The thread will be open until... Well, until everyone gets lost.
Anyway, below you'll find some of the links from this week.
- Dana Tyrell played with a broken foot in the playoffs when he played.(Rocky View Weekly)
- Former Lightning center Brad Richards would listen if thetLightning wanted to talk. (Tampabay.com)
- Sean Bergenheim: Disappointed and vague regarding game 7. (Tampabay.com)
- Five questions and keys heading into the off seasonfor the Bolts (TBO)
- Cedrick Desjardins is setting the goal of training camp to be back from shoulder surgery (ESPN Radio Tampa Bay)
NHL News and links
- Upcoming unrestricted free agent Ilya Bryzgalov has interest in signing with the Washington Capitals, Philadelphia Flyers... and Tampa Bay Lightning (CBS Sports)
- Given the amount of revenue it generates, you'd think the NHL would get more love from the media, including players in Bristol, Connecticut (Philly.com)
- A history of NHL relocation / expansion / contraction since 1967(Montreal Gazette)
- For the Dallas Stars, the must contemplate life after Brad Richards. (Puck Daddy)
- My personal favorite take on the biting incident. (via Twitter)
- Nolan's take on the Burrows Biting incident, and how we'll look back on this series (Frozen Sheets of Hockey)
- The Atlanta Thrashers will never die to these two fans. (Atlanta Journal Constitution)
- ...But will Winnipeg acknowledge the team's origin and past? (Chicks Who Give a Puck)
- Can Jay Feaster improve the Flames draft record? (Matchsticks and Gasoline)
- You probably heard about it, but there's a new sheriff in town. (Raw Charge)
- The Florida Panthers will unveil their new jersey at the 2011 NHL Draft in Minnesota (Sun Sentinel)
In general sports news (and added by John cuz he's a control freka like this):
Tampa Bay and Florida sportswriter / legend Tom McEwen passed away. McEwen has had a hand in sports around the tampa Bay area (as a writer and as an influence) for more than 50 years.