Steven Stamkos continues to set new club single-season goal scoring records with each goal scored. Previously the club's single-season goal-scoring mark of 52 which was held by our captain Vinny. But even Lecavalier says "He's probably going to beat (52 goals) many more times," (NHL.com)
In the NHL.com article by Adam Kimelman he gets lots of praise from Coach Boucher "First, I think he's a totally unselfish guy. It's never about his points, it's never about his goals. I've seen him this year give an open net to guys so that they could score. What I like is he's focused on the defensive part of his game so much and the small details that make a guy a winner rather than just a star. I raise my hat to that, he's improved so much from the beginning of last year, it's amazing"
Here are your links for the week:
Your Lightning links:
- A great read by Erlendsson on Stamkos' participation with You Can Play. "Right away I knew that I wanted to do it,'' Stamkos said. "It's a very important subject. It's a touchy subject to certain people and we want to just raise awareness. I thought it was a great cause and I'm happy so many other players have got involved and hopefully we can raise awareness.'' (TBO.com)
- Lightning Nuts and Bolts: Sebastien Caron talks about fondue in Switzerland "The smell is terrible but it's actually pretty good" (Tampa Bay Times)
- Lecavalier talks about why he is on the roadtrip with the team: "when I'm ready to play, I want to play," he said. "That's why I'm joining the team (on the road trip). I don't want to set any dates, but I want to start practicing with the team and get the feel of the game. I want to play as soon as possible." (Tampa Bay Times)
- Your Bolt Prospect of the week goes too...
The rest of your links after the jump...
- The Admirals got some Puck Daddy love last week for setting the AHL record streak in wins
- Similar to our QOTW from a few weeks ago, how have the Lightning call-ups played this season? (The Hockey Writers)
- Steve Yzerman says that for Team Canada 2014 "I think you'll see 10 to 12 different faces," on the roster. Steven Stamkos this time round is a lock as long as he's healthy (Calgary Herald)
Your links from around the NHL:
- Taylor Hall's season is over as the team announced he'll undergo surgery on his left shoulder (TSN)
- Ilya Bryzgalov is day-to-day with a chip fracture in his foot (CSN Philly)
- Did the Leafs still have playoffs hopes? Headline by the National Post: Hurricanes end Leafs' playoffs hopes
- The Leafs are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs and fans booed them tonight (Globe and Mail)
beatembarrassed the Caps 5-1 tonight for a huge conference win (Puck Daddy)
- Joe Haggerty says a source confirms that Nathan Horton will not be returning any time soon for the Bruins (CSNNE.com)
- Steve Lepore asks if Ron MacLean of CBC has become too agenda-driven on Hockey Night in Canada? (Puck the Media)
- Even though the CBA doesn't expire till September 15th, the CBA gamesmanship is well underway according to Lyle Richardson (Kukla's Corner)
- Canucks defenseman Keith Ballard has been out with a concussion since February 4th. In The Province Gord McIntyre writes that 'Ballard felt lethargic, sleeping upwards of 16 hours a day at times; he felt dizzy; he felt sick to his stomach'
- Vancouver's mayor announced a plan to hold small, family oriented events in neighborhoods outside of the downtown core. Will that stop rioting? I would say no (Globe and Mail)
- Inspired by the You Can Play campaign, 'If you can cheer, you can cheer' (Pucks and Pixels)
- They are not saying that the new arena being built in Quebec City is for a possible NHL team but with a in-arena TV studio costing between $30 and $40 million in the plans you know that an NHL team is the reason this is getting built (National Post)
- Elliotte Friedman's 30 Thoughts: Quebec arena announcement ends strange week (CBC)
- Down Goes Brown: A hockey fan's guide to Wrestlemania
- Great read on the mythical Pittsburgh Penguins rebuild as it applies to the Oilers. Though for Lightning fans I think it also translates to the Lightning just as well (Jeanshorts and Baggedmilk)
- Got yourself some time? Read this story of Brock Kerchner who got the opportunity to have the Calder Cup for a day after the Hershey Bears won it. How he came into this opportunity really interesting (Rock the Red)
- Ryan Kesler gets a shout-out in the CW's show The Secret Circle. Pass It To Bulis tears apart the writer who wrote the scene
- Who runs @faketpanotch? CSN Philly has of video of who
- The NHL "Because It's the Cup" leaves a lot to be desired (Puck Drunk Love)