This is an open thread, so jibber jabber, chit chat and all that jazz in comments if you feel like it. Additional linkage to good stories is not looked down upon.
Have a great story or know of a good piece of writing that we should feature in a Quick Strikes post? Email us at email@example.com with a link and a quick summary of what the piece is about.
Tampa Bay Lightning News
- Typical NHL brand apparel marketing fail: "retro" Tampa Bay Lightning brand items utilizing the 2011 team logo, not the original team logo [IMGUR found via Reddit]
- Making a case for Ben Bishop for the Vezina Trophy [Lightning Shout]
- While we're on the subject of Ben: The tale of two seasons for #30 (hat tip to Miss Muse for catching the error of my ways) [In Goal Magazine]
NHL and General Hockey News
- The Philadelphia Flyers shake things up at the top, moving Paul Holmgren to team president and promoting Ron Hextall to GM [Philly.com]
- And seeing Peter Laviolette has taken over the Nashville Predtaors, start the speculation/wishful thinking the Flyers dump Vinny Lecavalier on him. [Broad Street Hockey]
- The Abbotsford Heat were kicked out of Abbotsford, British Columbia. They're relocating to Glens Falls, New York for 2014-15 [Poststar.com]
- Ondrej Pavalec isn't the most popular guy with the Former Thrashers of Atlanta, aka the Winnipeg Jets. This isn't new, though. Buying him out during the 2014 off-season wouldn't be such a bad idea suggests this FanPost. [Arctic Ice Hockey]
- Over on her other playground, Clare looks at the new fad in stats - the inexact math and science behind goalie aging curves [Puckology]
- Racism is sadly still alive and well in this world. Letting it distract for the NHL playoffs is not something the hockey community should do. [Sports Talk Live]
- P,K. Subban's "crime" of ducking on a check is no such thing, just ask Tyler Dellow. [mc79hockey]