What is in a name, if we were to spell V-A-S-I-L-E-V-S-K-I-Y any other way, would he not still be a top prospect? Here are a couple of little things from around the Internet from yesterday that you may or may not want to check out on your Friday morning.
Open thread, kids. Have yourselves some chi-chat.
Have a great story or know of a good piece of writing that we should feature in a Quick Strikes post? Email us at email@example.com with a link and a quick summary of what the piece is about.
Tampa Bay Lightning News
- The IIHF's 2014 World Championships began today, and there are several Lightning players that are competing for their respective countries. [Tampa Bay Times]
- This. Yes. Pretty much this:
NHL and General Hockey News
- Long time Nashville Predators blogger Dirk Hoag passes on control of his mighty web site. [On the Forecheck]
- Larry Brooks puts the Martin St. Louis / Ryan Callahan trade in perspective (and gets the date wrong - it was March 5th) after a very, very poor performance by Marty during the 4th game of the Rags/Pens series. [New York Post]
- The Los Angeles Kings aren't just in-your-face and funny on Twitter, they also are in-your-face and visible on the drive between LA and Anaheim during their series with the Ducks. [IMGUR]
- The Canadian Hockey League (juniors) reveals it's nominees for end-season awards [QMJHL]
- Speaking of the post-season awards, Thomas Crenshaw reviews the candidates for the NHL post-season awards in the way only he can. [Springing Malik]
- Randy Carlyle will be back behind the bench in Toronto next season, and here's a retrospect of why he shouldn't be. [Pension Plan Puppets]
- You wear sandals? You like hockey? Introducing SummerSkates. [Summerskates]
Twitter follow of the day
Seeing it's #followFriday on Twitter, I'll re-invoke this little feature and suggest you follow Raw Charge staff member Brett Kaylor.