Every time Michael Farber writes, I just want to share how well he writes with anyone who will care. With the two firings of coaches in the Southeast Division, he takes a look at what happened, the back story on the new coaches and a look at the other two coaches in the division.
With all this turnover in our division, it seems a bit strange that Guy Boucher now has the longest tenure out of the group. What was his response to being told this? "That’s what I hear," Boucher said. "I’m so experienced now."
Your Lightning links:
- Former Bolt defenseman Mike Lundin has had a hard start to the season with a freak back injury that has him just just returning to practice last week (editor note: Lundin played his first game of the season last night in the Wild's 3-1 victory over the Bolts)
- Nolan looks at coaching in the Southeast Division saying that the Lightning are the most stable team in the division (Frozen Sheets Hockey)
More links after the jump...
Your links from around the NHL:
- The Capitals fired Bruce Boudreau and hired Dale Hunter (Japers Rink and Rock the Red)
- Who is the new coach for the Hurricanes? Get to know him here and here
- Max Pacioretty is suspended 3 games for the hit on Kris Letang in Saturday's game (TSN)
- Chris Pronger had some mysterious virus and is now out for for 4 weeks after having knee surgery (Broadstreet Hockey)
- Taylor Hall is out 2-4 weeks with a shoulder injury (TSN)
- Neat story on the Russian hockey fixer, Susanna Goruveyn, who helps players do things from price out fast cars, shop for houses and go to the doctor with their wives (New York Times)
- If there is one article that you take the time to savor and read, let it be this one: Evgeni Malkin would like a word with you
- Adam Proteau says that after this firing of Boudreau if Ovechkin doesn't get out of his indifferent play that eventually he becomes the problem everyone looks at (The Hockey News)
- Great Inside Hockey video that was on HNIC that looked at the type of neurotherapy that Sidney Crosby went through to help his recovery. Really interesting stuff
- Elliotte Friedman's 30 Thoughts: Hunter needs to get Ovechkin going
- For the men, Paulina Gretzky's twitter has been deleted, but her twitter photos still exist (Puck Daddy)
- This is a story that will never end until another team is placed in Southern Ontario for an exorbitant amount of money: proposal of building a new NHL-sized rink in Markham
- Down Goes Brown: Ways the Maple Leafs would be different if Wayne Gretzky owned them
- More DGB: Alex Ovechkin vs. Sidney Crosby : an in-depth comparison
- Don't Trade Vinny has more Crosby humor from last week with admitting that the whole not playing thing was just a bad hangover
- Team Canada releases its invite list to the World Juniors (NHL.com)