The Lightning are giving away a replica jersey to the first 5000 fans who show up in Lightning gear to tonight's game. If you aren't going already, that's a pretty good reason to me to go to tonight's game.
- Ryan Dixon of The Hockey News on Coach Boucher being a go-for-broke kind of coach
- Boucher wants to fix the Lightning's breakdowns, like their league-leading 13 shorthanded goals allowed (St. Petersburg Times)
- One of the ways he plans to do that is to have the team take shorter shifts (Tampa Tribune)
- Lightning Hockey Blog has some fun with numbers, a lot of numbers, to do with the Lightning
- It's looking up for the Lightning's attendance record, with a 21.3% increase in actual average attendance in 31 games through February as compared to last season (St. Petersburg Times)
The rest of your links after the jump...
- Steven Stamkos and Simon Gagne talk about head shots in the game. "The league’s trying. … In my opinion, it comes down to us as players to respect our opponents. We have to be accountable for our actions," (Globe and Mail)
- Last year, since there was no playoffs, there was little to get excited about beside Stamkos possibly scoring 50 goals in the season. This year scoring 50 goals is not a top priority for Stamkos (National Post)
Links from around the NHL:
- Matt Cooke is suspended 10 games plus the 1st round of the playoffs (TSN)
Matt Cooke says to reporter Rob Rossi "I realize and understand more so now than ever that I need to change. That was what I wanted my message to be." (Pittsburgh Tribune-Review)
- Matt Cooke's suspension hearing top secret transcript according to Down Goes Brown
- The Philadelphia Flyers have some 'magic Slurpee-like athletic drink' that cools down the body while replenishing nutrients (Puck Daddy)
- Manny Malhotra of the Vancouver Canucks is done for the rest of the season because of his eye injury that occurred when he took a puck to the eye last week (The Province)
- The Capitals are resting Alex Ovechkin before the playoffs for the next 7-10 days (Globe and Mail)
- Gross Misconduct Q&A between writer Ian Walker and Jared Boll. Like most of us, he was a Saved by the Bell fan growing up.
- It's not just Joffrey Lupul who loses his iPhone, Sticks and Giggles looks at the things other NHL players have lost
- Elliotte Friedman's 30 Thoughts: #23 is "Tweet of the week goes to Flyers captain Mike Richards (MRichie18) after Saturday's victory in Dallas: "Big win last night.....Hottest ice girls in the league too." Clearly, his priorities are backward."
Video of the week: Steve Yzerman, Ken Holland and Brian Burke talk about being a GM