There are currently nine players out currently with injury for the Lightning, with Dana Tyrell being the latest addition to the injury team. But sometimes with hardship comes great quotes from coaches, like this gem from Boucher:
"The hockey gods," Boucher said, "are whipping us left and right."
Here are your links for the week:
Your Lightning links:
- "Lightning hit hard by injury bug" is the headline on NHL.com. Thanks captain obvious!
- Mathieu Garon's new mask (In Goal Magazine)
- Instead of sending him back to juniors, the Lightning are giving some tough love to Brett Connolly (Tampa Bay Times)
- Matt envisions which characters in Super Mario World the Lightning players and organization would match up to. The one for Downie as the Big Boo is uncanny (Don't Trade Vinny)
- Last year in the playoffs we had Sean Bergenheim but Dominic Moore is beginning to become considered a 'clutch' player, agree or disagree? (Lightning)
The rest of your links after the jump...
Your links from around the NHL:
- Ovechkin is suspended three games for his hit to the head on Zbynek Michalek (TSN)
- He also may not attend the All-Star Game (ProHockeyTalk)
- The Dallas stars sign Alex Goligoski to a four year $18.4 million extension (TSN)
- The NHL issued a statement last Friday that players escrow cheque will be sent out soon. Eric Duhatschek breaks the delay down and why this is going to be an issue in the next CBA (Globe and Mail)
- Alex Ovechkin buys a $4.2 million house and PHT has some photos of it (Business Insider via ProHockeyTalk)
- Evander Kane is accused on skipping out on restaurant bills which he dismisses via twitter (Puck Daddy)
- Manny Malhotra gets baby-Keslurked at the Canuck Skills Competition (Pass it to Bulis)
- Joey Crabb and Carl Gunnarson of the Leafs get into a fight during practice and the PPP wonder if are brothers from another mother?
- Henrik Zetterberg got his 1st career major penalty this weekend on a boarding call on Nikita Nikitin (Puck Daddy)
- Following a closed-door discussion Marc Crawford and Todd Bertuzzi signed an agreement between the parties. Steve Moore's lawyer wants a copy of this settlement (National Post)
- Cam Charron argues why the Flyers bet on the wrong goalie and keep playing Bryz just because they don't want the money they are paying him to go to waste (Backhand Shelf)
- A great read on Gordie Howe and his relationship with his wife Colleen (Sportsnet Magazine)
- Welcoming Ellen Etchingham to Backhand Shelf, she writes a history lesson on general managers, rats and Art Ross's teeth
- Robin Thicke skates with @LaineyGossip at the Luc Robitaille Celebrity Shoot Out (The Salt Lake Tribune)
- Joe Haggerty on Tim Thomas exercising his right to not attend the White House ceremony, his relationship with the Bruins and how he plays for himself first (CSNNE.com)
Video of the week: Hitch's Switch - An interview of coach Ken Hitchcock by Michael Farber
Take 5 minutes out of your day and watch this one. He credits his change in lifestyle to the passing of Pat Burns and Wayne Fleming's current fight