Tonight's game time is at 7:15 pm Eastern. You can listen to the game 1021thegame.com online, or you can watch the game via pay-per-view online at AHL Live. The radio broadcast should start about half an hour before game time. You can also follow the game on Twitter with @AdsGameUpdates, @BeekerAdmirals, @PeteMichaud2012, & @DanMarrazza.
Here's a bit from today's press release by the Norfolk Admirals, so you can enjoy some of the first round's statistical goodness.
Goals: Alexandre Picard (4)
Assists: Alexandre Picard (4)
Points: Alexandre Picard (8)
Games: Several (4)
PP goals: Alexandre Picard (2)
SH goals: --
+/- Rating: Alexandre Picard (+5)
PIM: Mike Angelidis (14)
GAA: Dustin Tokarski (2.25)
Spct: Dustin Tokarski (.904)
Wins: Dustin Tokarski (2)
Losses: Jaroslav Janus (1)
GPI: Dustin Tokarski, Jaroslav Janus (2)
Minutes: Dustin Tokarski (134)
- Alexandre Picard scored multiple points in all four games of the Eastern Conference Quarterfinals vs. the Manchester Monarchs. Picard leads the Admirals and is tied for second in the AHL with four goals so far this postseason.
- On Friday night, Alex Killorn became the second AHL Admiral to score an overtime series-clinching goal. The rookie joins Casey Hankinson, who scored the series-winner in Game 4 on April 15, 2001 vs. the Cincinnati Mighty Ducks – the first Calder Cup Playoff series in Admirals history.
- Killorn currently ranks fourth in the AHL with five assists and is seventh overall with six points (1G, 5A) in his first four professional playoff games. He is tied for the AHL rookie scoring lead in the playoffs.
- Brandon Segal netted a pair of goals in four games against his former team.
- With a pair of victories over the Monarchs, Dustin Tokarski went 2-0 against Manchester in the first round after leading AHL goalies with 32 regular-season wins. Tokarski has now won a combined 15 straight regular season and playoff games dating back to Feb. 10.
There are two NHL playoffs games tonight. The first starts at 7:30 pm ET, and is the New York Rangers at the Washington Capitals. That series is tied up 1-1. The second game starts at 9 pm ET, and is the Phoenix Coyotes at the Nashville Predators.