(grumble, grumble) Stupid lockout...
The news today is mostly dominated by 2012 NHL lockout stories and the stories being made by the Public Relations failings by the National Hockey League. Indeed, the PR war is more entertaining than the actual labor dispute.
2012 NHL Lockout news:
- Derek Zona takes the Edmonton Oilers to task for a team-issued statement to fans that the lockout is all about them. [Copper and Blue]
- The 10 most absurd statements from PR letters distributed by various NHL teams [Backhand Shelf]
- Jesse Spector thinks Brendan Shanahan would be the best man to bridge the divide between the NHL and NHLPA [Sporting News]
- Short term benefits of the NHL Lockout [Ottawa Citizen]
- Growing the game is no longer the NHL's goal says Larry Brooks. Profit margins are,[NY Post]
- The NHL issued a statement to fans on Sunday... See it broken down and what it means [Springing Malik]
- The NHL and NHL Players Association launched PR attempts the past few days, here's a good (funny) summary [The Active Stick]
- Those were good. This is better: Taiwanese animated depiction of the 2012 NHL lockout [CBS Eye on Hockey]
Tampa Bay Lightning News
- Despite the lockout, a new Tampa Bay Lightning blogger joins the Boltosphere. [Puck Buddys]
- How would the Tampa Bay Lightning roster look if it were only made up of players that the team had drafted? [CBS Sports]
- Under CBS Sports "by way of draft only" rules, here's their power-rankings for the new version of the NHL [CBS Sports]
- Toronto Maple Leafs goaltending coach Francois Allaire quit yesterday, in a rather sudden fashion. Allaire had been with the Leafs the past three years, but the drama in Toronto is not healthy for anyone. [SB Nation Hockey]