- The Tampa Bay Lightning did some defensive shopping during the 2014 free agency signing period, ultimately ending up with Anton Stralman,, but they made quite the push to land Matt Niskanen, who spoke about the pursuit on Saturday when he was in town with the Washington Capitals. [Tampa Bay Times]
- The Anaheim Ducks had all sorts of issues with their goaltending last night. So, who stepped in as the emergency backup? None other than d former Lightning goalie Dwayne Roloson, who is the Ducks goalie coaching consultant. [CBS Sports]
- The Boston Bruins may not be performing as well as they could be so far this season, but that didn't stop GM Peter Chiarelli from signing head coach Claude Julien to a multi-year contract extension. [Boston Bruins]
- The ice was pretty bad in Albany last night gor a game between the AHL Devils and the Portland Pirates. Teams were sent to the dressing room with 8:45 left in the first period to repair a hole in the ice. (Photo) [imgur]
- The Detroit Red Wings honored Gordie Howe on Friday after news broke that Mr. Hockey had suffered a serious stroke earlier in the week. His family has released video of him watching the tribute and they say he is improving. Get well soon, Gordie! [TSN]
- Jack Jablonski has come a long way since being paralyzed during a high school hockey game in 2011. On Saturday, he participated in a stick-tap along with Jeremy Roenick, two members of the 1980 "Miracle on Ice" team, and Minnesota Wild fans for spinal cord injury research. [Puck Daddy]
Quick Strikes for Monday, November 3
In this edition of Quick Strikes: Dwayne Roloson suits up for one more game, some bad ice causes delays during an AHL game in Albany, Jack Jablonski participates in a stick-tap for spinal cord injury research, and more.