- Steven Stamkos reaching 250 career goals before the age of 25 is impressive. The company it puts him with who accomplished the feat before 25 is even more impressive. [The Hockey News]
Well, Bolts fans? Have you?
- Jeremy Houghtaling's latest feature at Bolt Prospects is about Vladislav Namestnikov and how the young center is doing since being sent down to the Syracuse Crunch. [Bolt Prospects]
- The Tampa Bay Lightning drafted a pretty good goalie in Andrei Vasilevskiy. Vasya is riding a shutout streak of 143 minutes, 16 seconds after his second straight shutout in a 2-0 Syracuse Crunch win over Springfield. [Syracuse.com]
- Mission #PalmTreesForRadko has succeeded! The Lightning are releasing a t-shirt based on the prank new alternate jersey video. [ The Hockey News]
- Pierre LeBrun covered the governors meeting and recapped the highlights, including outdoor games, the World Cup of Hockey, and the eight pending class-action lawsuits against the NHL from players. [ESPN]
- At first glance, the Carolina Hurricanes seem like a better team than they were last year. But they are dead last in the Eastern Conference. The pieces seem to be there though, so Canes Country asks: are they on the brink of greatness? [Canes Country]
Quick Strikes for Thursday, December 11
Stamkos has found himself in good company, the Carolina Hurricanes have not, and Andrei Vasilevskiy is a pretty good goalie. All that and more in our Quick Strikes for today.