- Start off your morning with a look from the other side of the Lightning's 4-2 defeat at the hands of the Pittsburgh Penguins. [Pensburgh]
- Lightning prospect Andrei Vasilevskiy was named the CCM/AHL Player of the Week. That may be useful if he is indeed called up to the NHL after Ben Bishop went down with an injury last night. [Bolt Prospects]
- The mumps are spreading even further among the Pittsburgh Penguins. Sidney Crosby had tested positive for the virus over the weekend, now teammate Beau Bennett is showing symptoms. This comes after he and other teammates visited a Pittsburgh-area children's hospital last week. [Pensburgh]
- The Syracuse Crunch are doing their part to make sure the mumps stay out of the AHL. [Syracuse.com]
- Pretty graphic details are coming out about just what happened between Los Angeles Kings defenseman Slava Voynov and his wife. WARNING: These are grisly and not for the faint of heart . [Pro Hockey Talk]
- The Edmonton Oilers, after the team lost 15 of their last 16 games, made substantial changes. After firing head coach Dallas Eakins, general manager Craig MacTavish will step in until he is ready to promote Todd Nelson to the head coaching role later in the season. [Copper and Blue]
- Mark Zengerle of the AHL Grand Rapids Griffins went flying as he scored this goal on the Oklahoma City Barons (Edmonton's AHL affiliate) last night.
Quick Strikes for Tuesday, December 16
Another possible case of the mumps in the NHL, the AHL doing its best to keep the mumps out of their league, changes in Edmonton, and accolades for Andrei Vasilevskiy.