- Ben Bishop improved to 8-0 over the Rangers on Monday night when the Lightning won 6-3. Here is the recap from our friends at Blueshirt Banter. [Blueshirt Banter]
- Ryan Callahan was named second star of the week by the NHL for his deeds on-ice the past seven days (2 goals, 3 assists). [Tampa Tribune]
- Victor Hedman made his long-awaited return and that influenced the Bolts ascent to the top spot on TSN's power rankings. [TSN]
- Syracuse Crunch forward Yanni Gourde has been named the AHL/CCM Player of the Month for November, registering nine goals and nine assists in 13 games. [Syracuse Crunch]
- With the holiday season upon us, so is the minor league hockey tradition of the teddy bear toss. The ECHL's Bakersfield Condors started things off this year when 7,358 bears rained down on the ice. We'll see more of these as December progresses. [Puck Daddy]
- Legendary goaltender Martin Brodeur is getting closer to a return to the NHL. He felt confident after his first practice with the St. Louis Blues on Monday. [St. Louis Post-Dispatch]
- Scott Gomez is set to make a return to the New Jersey Devils for the first time since 2006-07. The Devils have been ravaged by injuries and could use the help of the 34-year-old forward. [CBC]
- Connor McDavid is still hurt after breaking a bone in his hand following a fight, but he is still expected to headline Canada's World Junior roster along with goaltender Zach Fucale. [The Globe and Mail]
- How inept are the Edmonton Oilers at current? They allowed two short-handed goals on the same power play last night as they fell to the Arizona Coyotes. [The Copper n Blue / Five for Howling]
Quick Strikes for Tuesday, December 2
The Tampa Bay Lightning finally make it to the top of a power ranking, Yanni Gourde gets accolades for November, the teddy bear toss returns, and more.
If you buy something from an SB Nation link, Vox Media may earn a commission. See our ethics statement.