- Ahead of tonight's Lightning game versus the Washington Capitals, the good folks over at Japers' Rink give a player-by-player analysis of the entire team. [Japers' Rink]
- In somewhat of a surprising move, the Ottawa Senators dismissed head coach Paul MacLean. The club is currently 11-11-5 and 7th in the Atlantic Division.[Silver Seven]
- Most of the Senators' problems over MacLean's four-year tenure weren't his fault though. Spending an adequate amount for quality players has long been an issue for the team. [Puck Daddy]
- Expansion talks have heated up once again - this time because of comments by Commissioner Gary Bettman, who has given permission to the potential owner of a Las Vegas franchise to hold a season-ticket drive in order to gauge the area's interest in having a team. [ESPN]
- With the latest developments, Scott Burnside writes at length about whether Las Vegas could actually support an NHL team. [ESPN]
- There is one group out of Hartford, Conn., that has not given up hope of the NHL's return one day to the city. [Boston.com]
- Tis the season and all thatjazz, and the San Jose Sharks embrace it in music!... And a cheesy video!
Quick Strikes for Tuesday, December 9
An in-depth analysis of the Washington Capitals ahead of tonight’s affair with the Lightning, a coaching change in Ottawa and expansion talks once again heats up.