I hope everyone enjoyed the mad-dash start to the off-season in late June and on July 1st. The fact the off-season is so intolerable is partially in thanks to that (NHL awards, NHL draft and the start of NHL free agency with it's get-it-done-in-a-few-hours pace, all taking place within a week's time). But we endure, we survive, we go on.
This is an open thread, so comment as you please.
- Jay Feaster explains his new role with the Tampa Bay Lightning, remarks on his relationship with John Tortorella, the difference between Calgary and Tampa Bay. [Fan vs. Fan]
- Bolt Prospects posts up their Supplemental rankings of the prospects in the Tampa Bay Lightning system [Bolt Prospects]
- Off the subject of hoceky; Bolts owner Jeff Vinik nears control (legally, officially, financially) of Channelside Bay Plaza... Now what? The phased plan for resurrecting the entertainment complex down the block from the Forum. [TBO]
- "Islanders to pay players in Bitcoins this season" -- you see that headline and, knowing the Isles oddities under Charles Wang, you can't tell if it's real or satire. [Lighthouse Hockey]
- The World Hockey Association's Florida franchise that wasn't: The Florida Breakers [Litter Box Cats]
- Former Bolt Teddy Purcell aims to shoot the puck more often with the Edmonton Oilers, and I can't help but think of Alex Tanguay for some reason right now. [Edmonton Journal]
- Summer time, vacation time... How about going to London? Gonna pay homage to the Beatles and cross Abbey Road, better do it as a hockey fan.
@DallasStars but then you look at this...... I DON'T KNOW WHO IS WHO ANYMORE! pic.twitter.com/nSQYxwv77s
— Matt Cowley (@mc_homer) July 28, 2014