- It's a few weeks old but Bolt Prospects has posted their supplemental, post draft prospect rankings for the Tampa Bay Lightning organization. [Bolt Prospects]
- Goalie Ben Bishop is on the road to recovery; he's facing live shots agai, the first time since sugery. [Fox Sports Florida]
- Syracuse Crunch defenseman Nikita Nesterov, on the other hand, is not healed from hand surgery. He confesses this and talks about his first year in North America in a translated interview. [The Hockey Writers]
- Mike Stuart does what he can to explain why the Lightning traded away Nate Thompson in an apparent money-dump before signing Brian Boyle to a more expensive contract. [Hockey Buzz]
- Pro Hockey Talk was cited on Thursday with the rumors of an ECHL/CHL merger. Harrison Mooney at Puck Daddy elaborates on the major shakeup forthcoming ot the minor league. [Puck Daddy]
- ...and that shakeup is a lot less of a fantasy than this. [SB Nation]
- Mooney's article illicited a reation of the AHL's Vice President of communications on Twitter, which paints everything in a questionable light:
Never let facts get in the way of a good story. Another day, another masterpiece.
- Speaking of shakeups, the NHL's practice of keeping teams from selling broadcast rights out-of-market might be turned on it's ear in 2015, via lawsuit. [TSN]
- The top 10 players entering their sophomore season to watch. [Bleacher Report]
- Speaking of next season, Shane O'Donnell makes the prediction the Florida Panthers will end the season in better position than the Colorado Avalanche. [Litter Box Cats]
- Another 2014 1st round draft pick signs his Entry Level contract. [Canes Country]
- in the way only they can, Battle of California comes to the defense of Ice Girls. [Battle of California]
Are we about to see a grand shakeup of minor league hockey in North America? Ben Bishop is under fire (in a good way) and some other news from around hockey during the loneliest month for an NHL fan.