Public service announcement for Tampa Bay Lightning fans:
- Meanwhile, in points north of Hockey Paradise...
- Our old friend Fredrik Modin settled down in Columbus after retiring, and his take on Union Army HC (aka the Blue Jackets)? They're for real. [ESPN]
- Yesterday was the birthday of John Gaudreau - an minuscule offensive wunderkind who is starting hi post-college career with the Calgary Flames. If you subtract the fact the Flames drafted the kid in 2011, where have we seen this before? [Along The Boards]
- "Excuse me, Mr. Wang, sir? Fans are tired of the mediocrity and the circus antics tied to their Islanders franchise, two things you have provided plenty of. How can we put this nicely... Get out?" [The New York Times]
- Jobing.com Arena is now known as Gila River Arena. [Five For Howling]