- Eyes on the Prize, SB Nation's blog for the Montreal Canadiens, has released its biweekly report on possession ratings and other advanced statistics for skaters in the NHL. [Eyes on the Prize]
- NHL veteran Ray Whitney, who lifted the Stanley Cup in 2006 with the Carolina Hurricanes, has decided to hang up the skates. The 42-year-old amassed 1,064 points over more than 1,300 games. [ESPN]
- The AHL Worcester Sharks are moving to be closer to their parent club, the San Jose Sharks - a lot closer. The AHL Sharks will play in SAP Center, the same rink as the NHL Sharks. [Mercury News]
- If Las Vegas were to ever be awarded an NHL team, it is estimated that it would cost any potential owner upward of $450 million. [TSN]
- The Edmonton Oilers and Buffalo Sabres seem hell-bent on drafting either Connor McDavid or Jack Eichel. But are those markets really the best destinations for two of the best prospects the NHL has seen in years? [Puck Daddy]
- Who deserves Connor McDavid though? Here is why your team - along with the other 29 - is not worthy of the expected first overall pick. [Sporting News]
Quick Strikes for Thursday, January 22
Advanced analysis for NHL skaters, an NHL veteran hangs up the skates, and just where is the best destination for Connor McDavid and Jack Eichel?