- Steven Stamkos is shooting less to go along with less offensive output. [Tampa Tribune]
- And how did Stammer handle the media storm post-game on Tuesday? Vaguely and with patience. [Pension Plan Puppets]
- The hurt isn't just physical for the Lightning at the moment, it's financial. The club is only a few thousand dollars under the salary cap. [Tampa Tribune]
- Lightning prospect Brayden Point is ready to return for Team Canada in the upcoming World Junior Championships. [Globe and Mail]
- There are two bids to construct the Ottawa Senators a new arena in central Ottawa. [The 6th Sens]
- The idea of Steven Stamkos signing with the Detroit Red Wings in free agency (if he reaches it) is ... well, a destination suggestion that hasn't been brought up much. [Winging it in Motown]
- There's a report out that the Florida Panthers are going to revamp/rebrand for next season. [Sports Illustrated]
- Have interest in the 2016 World Cup of Hockey? Scheduling for training camp and other pre-tournament factors got announced Wednesday. [Pension Plan Puppets]
- Speaking of the Panthers - this one's off topic - our buddies over at Litter Box Cats held an open thread tied to the new Star Wars. Spoilers warning. [Litter Box Cats]
- A more in-season film is "A Christmas Story". The Washington Capitals did a parody of it. [Monumental Network]
- You can't stop Jeff Skinner at this moment; you can only hope to contain him. [Canes & Coffee]
Quick Strikes for Thursday, December 17
Stamkos, Star Wars, Senators, and Skinner...
If you buy something from an SB Nation link, Vox Media may earn a commission. See our ethics statement.