- Brett Connolly is showing more determination, more grit, more ability, and more fight - figuratively and literally - this season with the Lightning. [Tampa Bay Times]
- A vault of Lightning radio broadcasts and sound bites to listen to. [Lightning Radio via Soundcloud]
- The Syracuse Crunch took down the Albany Devils on Friday night, snapping a winless streak of five games for the club. Normally we'd go and link to a recap here, but I'm feeling kind of generous. I'll grant you video instead:
- Here is a feature interview with Minnesota Golden Gophers goalie (and Tampa Bay Lightning property) Adam Wilcox, "The Man in the Iron Man Mask." [SB Nation College Hockey Blog]
- 35 years ago today, the United States learned to believe in miracles by way of Herb Brooks and his team of ice hockey players who defeated the indomina ble Soviet Union at the Lake Placid Olympic Games. 35 years to the day, all surviving members of that US hockey team will be reuniting. The Master of Ceremonies for the anniversary event chatted about the sport and the event. [Five for Howling]
- Speaking of anniversaries yesterday was the one year anniversary of Latvian goalie (and Tampa Bay Lightning prospect) Kristers Gudlevskis making his valiant stand against the Canadian Olympic hockey team in Sochi. Here's Clare Austin's write up on the subject from a year ago today. [Raw Charge]
- Goalie Malcolm Subban made his NHL debut Friday night with the Boston Bruins in their contest against the Blues... And got yanked. The B's dropped the match 5-1. [Stanley Cup of Chowder]
- The power of the press; how a single reporter helped influence Arizona State University's ascent to Division-1 men's ice hockey. [Sports Illustrated]
- Data and statistical analysis makes its presence known with the looming NHL trade deadline. Analytically, who are the top targets to be acquired at the deadline? [Five Thirty Eight]
- An Islander fans on-air remark inspires a slideshow: Just which NHL arenas are the best locations to conceive children? [Lighthouse Hockey]
Quick Strikes for Saturday, February 21
Anniversaries, Malcolm Subban's NHL debut, Brett Connolly finds his mettle, and the Syracuse Crunch win.
If you buy something from an SB Nation link, Vox Media may earn a commission. See our ethics statement.