- Tyler Johnson is good at The Hockey and it's not like you needed more proof, but in case you missed the fact - Johnson crossed the 50-career NHL goals scored threshold on Sunday in Denver. Among undrafted players, he's the fastest to accomplish it. [Bolts by the Bay]
- For local skaters, hockey players and ice facility users, ground was broken on a new rink complex in Wesley Chapel on Tuesday. Estimated time of completion is this fall. [Tampabay.com]
- College goalie and Tampa Bay Lightning property Adam Wilcox gets ranked in a countdown of college players and NHL prospects. [SBN College Hockey Blog]
- Calgary Flames netminder (and former Lightning goalie) Karri Ramo made himself one hell of a save against the New York Rangers last night. So many invoke "save of the year" to the point it cheapens saves... This one was a wow effort for sure. [SB Nation]
- Concussions are an issue in hockey, period. The article is relevant but the title is insulting as it laments the "growing" problem of concussions in women's hockey. Hockey concussion issues for women have been an issue just as it's been for men.[The Globe and Mail]
- David Krejci's knee injury is looked at directly as a hindrance on the Boston Bruins playoff chances. One aspect that it's not looked at is financially. Krejci's absence just might be a blessing in the form of Salary Cap relief. [Stanley Cup of Chowder]
- Meanwhile, the team that could benefit the most from the Bruins hardships isn't raising its game. If the Florida Panthers want to clinch playoff spot #8 in the Eastern Conference, they need to improve, stat. [Litter Box Cats]
- In contract news, Nick Leddy has signed a seven-year extension with the New York Islanders. Leddy was acquired from the Blackhawks before the season and has been a central part of the Isles competitiveness this season. [NYI Point Blank]
- But it's trade season, not signing season! Deals haven't been getting done (that much) and James Mirtle believes it's up to the Toronto Maple Leafs to save the trade season via pulling the trigger. [The Globe and Mail]
- Yesterday, the trade silence was broken by way of the Montreal Canadiens and Anaheim Ducks making a swap. [Puck Daddy]
- While we're talking trades, how about a subjective top-10 list of deadline day deals? The Lightning, for what it's worth, are invoked twice on this list. [Sportsnet]
More trade deadline talk and roster moves as well as contemplation regarding the playoff race for the Florida Panthers. That's just some of the reads to check out this morning.
If you buy something from an SB Nation link, Vox Media may earn a commission. See our ethics statement.