- The latest SB Nation/NHL power rankings put the Bolts near the top of the charts... Yeah, even ahead of NHL-leading Anaheim. [SB Nation NHL ]
- The Syracuse Crunch have been flying for a good part of the season despite recalls of key players (hello Cedric Paquette! Nikita Nesterov! Luke Witkowski! Andrei Vasilevskiy! And sometimes Vladislav Namestnikov!) but they've suffered a blow with forward Mike Blunden. Blunden will have an operation that could very well end his season. [Syracuse.com]
- Speaking of Cedric Paquette, he was named 2nd star of the week for his 5-goals-in-3-games production last week. [NHL.com]
- This one may come off like a long-time-coming move: Referee Tim Peel has reportedly been suspended by the NHL. The reason? A photo of him getting his drink on with Greg Wyshynski of Puck Daddy. [The Sporting News]
- The reigning champion Los Angeles Kings (and Commissioner Gary Bettman) visited the White House yesterday... Bettman's footwear drew the ire of Kings players (sneakers? To the White House? C'mon Gary!) [The Score]
Paquette gets an accolade, the Bolts get a high ranking, and Tim Peel gets a suspension.