- The annual NHL general managers' meetings in Boca Raton, Florida, have started. Be afraid. Be very, very afraid. [NHL.com]
- Have you ever wondered who the best NHLers are for each team according to advanced hockey statistics? Well, wonder no more. [Along the Boards]
- The focus of this is Cory Schneider of the New Jersey Devils, but it's something to help you understand goaltending in a new light. [In Lou We Trust]
- The NHL in Las Vegas is a done deal? You don't say. Gee, I wonder what the other team will be added to the Western Conference so that they conferences will be balanced. Hmmm. [The Globe and Mail]
- The Florida Panthers have solved their goalie problem with a contest! Why did the Philadelphia Flyers think of this one sooner, huh? So many great jokes lost due to their lack of imagination. Pity, that. [Puck Daddy]
- Speaking of goalie tryouts in Sunrise, Florida, ESPN's Linda Cohn was one of the many to join in the fun. [Fort Lauderdale Sun-Sentinel]
- "The Hamburglar" has got to be one of the best NHL nicknames going right now. Whoever gave goaltender Andrew Hammond of the Ottawa Senators that nickname is awesome. Seriously, I want to shake their hand. It's so much better than the completely boring and totally unimaginative "-ie" tacked on to the first half of last names these days. [Ottawa Sun]
- The San Jose Sharks have a seemingly never-ending 14-day road trip looming ahead of them. Makes you wonder if there will be a cage match on the plane between Joe Thornton and general manager Doug Wilson at some point. It's articles like this that make me thankful that, while I live in San Jose, I don't pay attention to the Sharks at all. But to the city I happen to live in - best of luck with this one, guys. [CSN Bay Area]
Quick Strikes for Tuesday, March 17
Goalies. Goalies, everywhere. Except, maybe, in Boca Raton. Your drama-filled Quick Strikes.
If you buy something from an SB Nation link, Vox Media may earn a commission. See our ethics statement.