- The Tampa Bay Lightning's goaltender Ben Bishop made #3 star of the week for the NHL. [NHL.com]
- It's the AHL power ranking, everyone! And the Syracuse Crunch are looking pretty good right now, actually. Well, after this past weekend, at least. [Chirps from Center Ice]
- Crunch defenseman Luke Witkowski doesn't seem to be a fan of taxidermied squirrels appearing to be in a hockey fight. Strange. I'd think every hockey fan would want one of those. Live and learn, I guess? [The Hockey Writers]
- This certainly won't happen in the Eastern Conference Final this year - Tampa Bay Lightning versus Florida Panthers - but it's at least a possibility that the Syracuse Crunch and the San Antonio Rampage could meet in the AHL playoffs. [Litter Box Cats]
- Speaking of the Panthers, they're hoping to emulate the Lightning in terms of their off-ice success. And more power to them, I say. Best of luck to you, Alligator Bait! Er, I mean, Panthers. I do genuinely mean that, though. The luck part, of course. [USA Today]
- Unsurprisingly, Ottawa Senators fans are wholeheartedly embracing Andrew Hammond and his nickname, the Hamburglar, by throwing burgers on the ice. It's a waste of a perfectly good burger, if you ask me. I guess the pickles freezing to the ice is giving ice crews some problems however. Banning pickles from burgers wouldn't be a bad thing, in my opinion - and not just in Ottawa, either. [CBS Sports]
- You know, a lot of reporters get stuck with the title that their editor gives their articles. But "Hamburglar helper"? This one had to be all James Mirtle. [The Globe and Mail]
- Looking like some Boston Bruins fans don't really like their team much these days. Be nice to them, Lightning fans. You've been there. (Warning: strong language used.) [Days of Y'Orr]
- I sort of with the Anaheim Ducks would go back to the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim moniker. Despite that, was the original team the greatest marketing stunt, ever? Or, THE greatest marketing stunt ever? [The Content Strategist]
- A big reason why the NHL feels Seattle would be a good spot for an NHL expansion team? There are six junior hockey teams within a 4-hour drive of there. And, well, there's a lot of money there, too. [NHL to Seattle]
Quick Strikes for Tuesday, March 24
Tampa Bay Lightning players, Syracuse Crunch updates, some Florida Panthers love, and the Hamburglar are all here for you in today's Quick Strikes.
If you buy something from an SB Nation link, Vox Media may earn a commission. See our ethics statement.