The Tampa Bay Lightning arrived back in Tampa Tuesday afternoon, returning from Chicago where they lost 2-0 to the Blackhawks in the series-deciding Game 6 of the 2015 Stanley Cup Final. A large contingent of Lightning fans along with Amalie Arena and Lightning staff members gathered at the Tampa International Jet Center to welcome the Eastern Conference champions home.
Tampa Bay Lightning fans welcome team home from Chicago
Hundreds of fans and a large contingent of staff from Amalie Arena gathered at the Tampa International Jet Center Tuesday afternoon to welcome the Lightning home from Chicago after Monday night's decisive Game 6 of the 2015 Stanley Cup Final.
- Fans Fans gathered just outside Tampa International Jet Center
- Fans More fans along with a collection of vehicles from local TV stations
- Fans Fans lined both sides of the street, many carrying signs and flags.
- Fans Most people had to park at the nearby International Mall and walk a considerable distance for a spot along the exit route.
- Plane The team's chartered jet, complete with 2015 Stanley Cup insignia, touched down around 2:45 PM
- Team Valtteri Filppula
- Team Tyler Johnson
- Team Ben Bishop
- Team Steven Stamkos
- Team Jon Cooper