- The Lightning are starting their search for the next crop of Lightning Girls for the 2015-16 season. [Tampa Bay Lightning]
- It's also worth noting a summertime edition of "Inside the Lightning" will be airing tonight on Sun Sports. [Tampa Bay Lightning]
- In an interview with NHL.com, Jonathan Drouin admits a chip on his shoulder. Steve Yzerman also makes remarks about Drouin and last season. [NHL.com]
- Work has begun at the War Memorial in Syracuse. We touched on what is to transpire at the building earlier this summer and now...
Line represents new rink. #200' pic.twitter.com/rADwSOjtQk— Jim Sarosy (@JimSarosy) July 14, 2015
- Former Vancouver Canucks General Manager Mike Gillis will be teaching sports law as a professor at the University of Victoria in the spring of 2016. [Metro News]
- Not only has the Buffalo Sabres Ryan O'Reilly inked a well paying deal this summer, but he's also gotten himself busted for driving while intoxicate. [Syracuse.com]
- Jack Roslovic, drafted #25 in the 2015 NHL draft by the Winnipeg Jets, will be honoring his commitment to the University of Miami (of Ohio) to play instead of bolting to the Ontario Hockey League. [SBN College Hockey Blog]
- In AHL news, the Toronto Marlies will be doing the team-building thing during the preseason in Newfoundland in a series against the St. John's Ice Caps. The Syracuse Crunch / Norfolk Admirals used to play a preseason series there. [Toronto Marlies]
- When Muppets attack. [Second City Hockey]
- A throwback game is going to take place before a Stadium Series game in Minnesota this coming winter... And the Minnesota North Stars are the team that will re-assemble to take on Chicago. [Puck Daddy]
- Defenseman Johnny Oduya will be the latest member of the 2015 Stanley Cup Champion Chicago Blackhawks to go elsewhere. He's not re-signing in Chicago. A decision should be made on or by Thursday. [Second City Hockey]
- The Pittsburgh Penguins are on the block, this you may already know... They also could draw close to $1 billion (not quite, close). [Puck Daddy]
- Writers are being sought by a couple of blogs... While it's other teams (read - not Tampa Bay) named, there are also some general positions too (read - divisional). [Stanley Cup of Chowder / Today's Slapshot]
Sale! Sale! Sale! Huge discounts for Christmas in Ju-- no, wait, that's the retailers. We're just a blog. Links! Links! Links! Reading of a hockey variety!