- A little tweaking is ongoing at the Amalie this summer...
- While the Bolts made some signings yesterday, so did the club's ECHL affiliate, the Florida Everblades: defenseman Mark Nemec [Florida Everblades]
- Former Syracuse Crunch and Tampa Bay Lightning defensiveman Jean-Philippe Cote will be crossing the pond and playing in Germany next season. [Montreal Journal]
- The "30 teams in 30 days" series highlights the Bolts prospects of note from the Ontario Junior Hockey League. #1 on the list happens to be Anthony DeAngelo. [OHL Prospects]
- USA Hockey has announced the 2015-16 US Men's National Sled Hockey team roster. [USA Hockey]
- A follow-up to an article we linked to yesterday... The taunts, the harassment, it's the dark side of sports and plays out even worse for some. [Welcome to your Karlsson Years]
- Zebras on the rise! [Scouting the Refs]
- Braden Holtby needs a new contract. The goalie also wants a nice, high, even amount of dollars per season. The title alone and old TV show reference on this article had me sold on the write up about the situation. [Puck Buddys]
- The playoffs are long over and the beards and facial hair are long gone. That's a good thing for these guys ranked as having the 10 worst playoff beards. [Stats Style Score]
- Forward Alexander Semin remains available on the free agent market. It's no surprise to see a site make a pitch for their team to sign him. How about it, New York Rangers, you what do you say? [Blueshirt Banter]
- The career of goalie Ilya Bryzgalov is reportedly at its end; Bryz is mulling retirement with no NHL offers on the table. Reflections on a career (in this case, with the Anaheim Ducks) and odd personality seem apt. [Anaheim Calling]
Quick Strikes for Saturday, July 18
Contracts, retirements, promotions, departures and beginnings.