- ICYMI: Amalie Arena added poutine to their menu! Ryan Smolkin has opened Smoke's Poutinerie in the terrace level (outside section 306) of the Tampa Bay Lightning's home. [The Tampa Tribune]
- It might be "Cup or Bust" but the Lightning can't expect to just be given a spot in the 2016 Stanley Cup Final. (Apparently it's never too early in the season for these articles.) [Tampa Bay Times]
- Look who won best local sports team in the Best of the Bay! Congratulations, Tampa Bay Lightning!
- Lightning cut 10 from camp, bringing the number to 53 players left. Among those cut were goaltender Philippe Cadorette and defenseman Kevin Gibson, who were there on tryout contracts. [Bolt Prospects]
- After playing in nearly 1000 NHL games, Jeff Halpern has brought his expertise to the Syracuse Crunch as a player development coach. [Syracuse.com]
- ICYMI: Yesterday's press conference regarding the Patrick Kane case took a stunning turn when Thomas Eoannou, the victim's attorney, revealed that the evidence bag containing a rape kit had been unsealed and anonymously delivered to the victim's mother's home. [Pension Plan Puppets]
- Following that, Erie County police have denied any tampering of evidence. [Second City Hockey]
- In to college hockey? More than 60 games will be televised featuring all six Big Ten hockey programs. [Big Ten]
- And if that's not enough for you, FOX Sports North, in conjunction with the University of Minnesota, the National Collegiate Hockey Conference, and the Western Collegiate Hockey Association announced an extensive 2015-16 television schedule that represents all of the Division I college hockey programs in the region. [FOX Sports]
- Calgary Flames sign goaltender Nick Schneider to an entry level contract. While it's unlikely he competes for a spot any time soon, he's now the youngest of the Flames' goaltending prospects, and has the least amount of experience. [Matchsticks & Gasoline]
- Is fighting necessary in the sport of hockey? Why do fights happen, any ways? Read more in part 1 of an in-depth analysis of fighting in the NHL. [Habs EOTP]
- The Montreal Stars? Not anymore! In conjunction with the Montreal Canadiens, the CWHL team will announce their new identity and jersey Thursday afternoon. [Habs EOTP]
- The CWHL will be sitting down with the NWHL and NHL to discuss the future of women's professional hockey. This will hopefully lead to good things. [Women's Hockey Nation]
- Is there anything more fun than hockey brothers trying to make it in the league on the same team? Yeah, I don't think so either. I already have a soft spot for Philip and Henrik Samuelsson, who are trying to make the Arizona Coyotes. [Today's Slapshot]
- After spending last season scouting for the NY Islanders, George McPhee has now been hired as a special advisor to general manager Garth Snow. [Islanders Point Blank]
Following the Patrick Kane case, as well as roster cuts, hirings, and women's hockey news in today's edition of Quick Strikes.