- A thorough recap of Saturday’s game. [Bolts by the Bay]
- Erik Erlendsson gives his thoughts of the game in a couple tweets. A few of them:
Devils don't give up much space, but TB did not do enough to create their space on a consistent basis— Erik Erlendsson (@Erik_Erlendsson) October 30, 2016
Brayden Point continues to impress, works corners/walls, uses his speed well and that pass to Johnson goal was great— Erik Erlendsson (@Erik_Erlendsson) October 30, 2016
As @SammonSez points out, D zone coverage a work in progress in early stages of season, chemistry not quite there— Erik Erlendsson (@Erik_Erlendsson) October 30, 2016
- Hockey fans. They’re the best.
- We’re all sending positive, healing thoughts to the Anderson family. It was announced Saturday that Craig Anderson’s wife has been diagnosed with cancer. [Ottawa Citizen]
- Jimmy Howard’s Hockey Fights Cancer mask was designed by longtime play-by-play man Dave Strader, who is fighting cancer. He called Wings games in the late ‘80s and early ‘90s.
Jimmy Howard's helmet vs BOS,is designed by Dave Strader who is battling bile duct cancer. Mickey will visit live w/ Dave -RWLive@6:30-FSD. pic.twitter.com/Cx3aHyWRxL— John Keating (@JohnKeatingFSD) October 29, 2016
- The Devils are struggling with the atmosphere at the Prudential Center, otherwise known as the Rock. [All About the Jersey]
- A fun look back on the NHL’s inaugural season: the Montreal Wanderers’ arena catching fire, an arrest after an on-ice altercation (imagine that now?) and 44 goals in 20 games. [Sports Illustrated]
- Ryan Johansen has been told to shoot more. But he sees himself as a playmaker. [The Tennessean]
- Islanders 19-year-old rookie Anthony Beauvillier is impressing all who watch him, and setting an example for his teammates to follow. [Lighthouse Hockey]
- Agent Allan Walsh was not wrong when he put the Islanders on blast. Looks like it worked.
Word tonight is that after @walsha Twitter blast of NYI carrying three goalies, NYI GM has let league know Jaroslav Halak is available.— Elliotte Friedman (@FriedgeHNIC) October 30, 2016
- Team USA will play Team Canada outdoors for the 2018 World Junior Championship, the first outdoor game to take place at an IIHF event. [Second City Hockey]
- A judge ruled that the teams in the Western Hockey League and Ontario Hockey League must produce their financial statements, including tax returns, dating back to 2011. A group of former players filed lawsuits alleging the leagues are raking in the money from ticket revenue, sponsorships, television deals and more. [TSN]