- Brayden Point’s first career NHL goal. Here’s to many more! [Raw Charge]
- Point, who was no short on opportunities before the game, finally cashes in. [Tampa Bay Times]
- The boys on the bench are happy for the rookie. Ryan Callahan is WAY happy for the rookie.
#TBLightning Brayden Point celebrates with his team as he returns to the bench after he scoring his first #NHL goal in Tampa #Bolts up 3-1 pic.twitter.com/JnUHBYlN1S— Dirk Shadd (@DirkShadd) November 6, 2016
- Point says the lack of scoring wore on him. Aww. [Lightning.NHL.com]
- Cooper says no one deserved the goal more than his rookie.
- Victor Hedman admits to a “terrible” first period. [CBS New York/AP]
- Well, he righted that ship. [Raw Charge]
- Check out the view from the other side. [All About the Jersey]
- Get your Bolts’ Hockey Fights Cancer gear. [Tampa Bay Sports]
- Your daily dose of your favorite married Bolts couple.
*JT on the phone with customer service* "JT, J as in Julius. T as in Thomas."— Lexi LaFleur Brown (@lexilafleur) November 5, 2016
GUYS, HIS NAME IS JOSHUA THOMAS LMAO. WHY NOT USE JOSHUA!?
- The hit that opened the floodgates in the Leafs-Canucks game. Warning: The end is not for the faint of heart.
Nazem Kadri hit on D.Sedin. Resulted in five-minute major penalty. pic.twitter.com/dRDj6ftt8v— Brady Trettenero (@BradyTrett) November 6, 2016
- Hockey Fights has you covered for all the fights in the game. If you’re still into that sort of thing. [Hockey Fights]
- Can you blame them? Living on a Prayer never gets old as a singalong or karaoke song.
Fourth liners and goalies are fighting each other, and all Auston Matthews and Mitch Marner want to do is sing some Bon Jovi together pic.twitter.com/hSBFpoKLWm— Jeff Veillette (@JeffVeillette) November 6, 2016
- And Bon Jovi’s still on both their minds after the game.
November 6, 2016
- Moving on... we respectfully disagree with the notion that a girl not wanting a hug from someone is sassy. Instead we give major props to Alex Pietrangelo for — what we think — is him giving the girl (Jay Bouwmeester’s daughter, it turns out) the choice to receive said hug in the first place. That’s respect.
sassy daughters for the win @rjcakes pic.twitter.com/TSnzd2ljMe— Stephanie (@myregularface) November 5, 2016
- And the season’s first save of year gold star goes to... [SB Nation]
- The Senators had Craig Anderson for their #HockeyFightsCancer night, but they lost 2-1 to the Robin Lehner (see bullet point above) led Sabres. [Silver Seven Sens]
- Before the Maple Leafs took to the ice on Saturday, Mike Babcock opened up about losing his mother to cancer in 1991. [Sportsnet]
- A great Twitter account for an inside look into the Penguins locker room both at home and away.
We have 3 different Lockerroom logo rugs for the road. This trip we are using the 50th Anniversary logo. pic.twitter.com/mGTcI5Gr5C— Dana Heinze (@RealDanaHeinze) November 5, 2016
- Injuries are mounting for the Dallas Stars. The latest victim is Jason Spezza in their 3-2 loss. [Defending the Big D]
- The Rangers keep rolling. Their special teams certainly are helping the cause, as they got two shorthanded goals against the Bruins. [NHL.com]
- Well isn’t this just oozing with cuteness and love!
Congratulations in advance to Jen and Jamie who will be tying the knot on Dec. 31! #HometownHockey All for the ❤️of @DT_Dartmouth pic.twitter.com/JlFEzHWwQy— Hometown Hockey (@hometownhockey_) November 5, 2016
- Think Al Montoya had the worst game the other night as the Habs were throttled? Think again. [Today’s Slapshot]
- Congrats to Team USA for coming from behind and winning the Four Nations Cup! [The Ice Garden]