- ICYMI: The Lightning placed Matt Carle on waivers with intent to buy out the remaining two years on his contract. [Raw Charge]
- Joe Smith writes about the process for Steven Stamkos' decision to remain in Tampa and how much stress the Lightning captain felt as he pondered where to spend the next phase of his career. [Tampa Bay Times]
- Lightning Shout has audio from Steven Stamkos' media conference call yesterday. [Lightning Shout]
- Tom Jones writes about how valuable Steve Yzerman is to the Lightning franchise. [Tampa Bay Times]
- Mike Angelidis will not be returning to the Lightning organization next season. The Crunch forward has been the epitome of a captain and will be missed greatly as a leader in Syracuse.
- On the Forecheck collected reactions to the huge P.K. Subban for Shea Weber trade from around the NHL. [On the Forecheck]
- As excited as fans in Nashville are about the Subban for Weber trade, fans in Montreal are equally dismayed. [Eyes on the Prize]
- OIlers fans are still processing the Taylor Hall trade and the folks at Copper and Blue examined it from every possible angle. [Copper and Blue]
- Torey Krug re-signed for another four years in Boston at $5.25MM per year. [Stanley Cup of Chowder]
- The Capitals re-signed Tom Wilson to a two year deal. [Jasper's Rink]
- Carolina bought out defender James Wisniewski after the thirty two year old played just 47 this past season due to an ACL tear on his first shift. [Canes Country]
- Free agent center Andrew Ladd met with the Islanders on Thursday. [Lighthouse Hockey]
- Former Lightning assistant coach Steve Thomas signed with the St. Louis Blues on Thursday. [St. Louis Gametime]
- InGoal magazine has an early look at the best goalies to watch for next year's draft [InGoal Magazine]
- Mike Angelidis and Mike Blunden are listed among the top AHL free agents. [Highland Park Hockey]
More info on Stamkos re-signing in Tampa, Matt Carle is on waivers, reactions to the craziness that occurred on Wednesday and more in this morning's read.