- More organizational depth at forward was added on Saturday as the Lightning signed Mike Halmo to a one year, two-way contract. The 25 year old left wing had been playing in the New York Islanders system for much of his pro career. [Syracuse.com]
- It's not a perfect list of everyone and everything in the organization at the moment, but the Lined-Up Update for 2016 has been updated to reflect the signing. [Raw Charge]
- The Syracuse Crunch would like nothing more than to continue outdoor play in 2017-18. [Syracuse.com]
- Participation time: Do you have any noteworthy keepsakes from the Tampa Bay Lightning's past? Check out this post and then share with us your story in comments. [Raw Charge]
- Wayne Gretzky's status as The Great One lingers on... Especially when the "One" in question is just being a free agent influencer. He had a hand in Milan Lucic signing with the Edmonton Oilers. [Edmonton Journal]
- In a notable signing, the Colorado Avalanche signed 2013 #1 overall draft-pick Nathan MacKinnon on Friday to a 7 year contract. [Mile High Hockey]
- Another notable transaction form Friday was goalie Jonathan Bernier being traded from the Toronto Maple Leafs to the Anaheim Ducks at the cost of all of a conditional draft selection. [InGoal Magazine]
- In summertime fun news: Alex Ovechkin was having fun with Alex Ovechkin, while Ovi looked on and admired the company... [Russian Machine Never Breaks]
- Some fans in Las Vegas are surprised that more hasn't come to light about the franchise and organization yet. Others? Others are saying chill out, the club's existed for less than a month. It'll come with time. [The Sin Bin]
- Speaking of which, the Las Vegas franchise is now accepting applications for employment. [The Sin Bin]
- AHL news: the Binghamton Senators of the AHL are moving north, out of Binghamton, New York to Bellville, Ontario. [Ottawa Citizen]
- A more substantial rumored relocation is the Montreal Canadiens St. John's IceCaps possibly shifting into Laval, Quebec. [All Habs]
- Finally, AHL president David Andrews was interviewed on SirusXM radio. In a related story, the source in question provides the hockey world with another podcast that uses the power play in the title of the show. [Soundcloud]
Quick Strikes for Sunday, July 10
Las Vegas in hiring, Wayne Gretzky is influencing, AHL clubs are relocating, and you're scanning some news reads in Quick Strikes ...
If you buy something from an SB Nation link, Vox Media may earn a commission. See our ethics statement.