- Andrej Sustr shows off his gloves for the World Cup.
- Slater Koekkoek looking to take the next step. [NBC Sports]
- Best of the Bolts vote final four is open: Extra attacker sinks Islanders vs. Stopping an Avalanche. [Tampa Bay Lightning]
- Tweet of the week on the four-time Lady Byng recipient:
Pavel Datsyuk has been fined by the KHL for hitting an opponent with his stick. The KHL.... it changes you, man. It changes you. #RedWings— Slava Malamud (@SlavaMalamud) August 29, 2016
- Watch the unveiling of the Al Arbour Rink, the Islanders’ practice rink. [Newsday]
- The 1972 Summit Series team, including Phil Esposito, Ken Dryden, Peter Mahovlich and coach Harry Sinden are taking off on a Canadian tour. [Toronto Sun]
- The Las Vegas franchise has trademarked three nicknames. [NHL.com]
- A few of the best Twitter responses to the news about those trademarks:
How about Las Vegas Knights, but pronounced like the French in "Holy Grail"?— Nick Cotsonika (@cotsonika) August 29, 2016
"Knights! Trademark issue!"
"No. It's 'Kuh-nig-its.' "
Las Vegas Sand Knights is such a dumb name. Hey Internet, got anything better?— Steve Dangle Glynn (@Steve_Dangle) August 29, 2016
...Sand Knights, then.
- Nick Kypreos appearing on Steve Dangle’s podcast is a big deal. Apparently. [Sportsnet]
- Ted Lindsay was a bright spot on a rainy day of charity event. [Today’s Slapshot]
- The Blue Jackets hired three-time Cup champ John Madden to coach their AHL affiliate.