- The Syracuse Crunch have announced their preseason schedule. [Syracuse]
- Seems fitting Cory Conacher would find his way back to the Tampa Bay Lightning organization. A nice piece on how he has shown perseverance leads to success. [The Hockey Writers]
- Paul Bissonnette, a.k.a. @BizNasty2point0, sheds some light on what the future of fighting in hockey may look like. [Today's Slapshot]
- A roundup of strange things that have occurred to the Coyotes throughout the last few years. [Puck Daddy]
- The Evander Kane saga ensues. [CBC Sports]
- Keith Gretzky has been assistant general manager as the Oilers continue to make changes in their hockey operations management. [NHL]
- The St. John's Ice Caps prepare to relocate to Laval, Quebec. [The Suburban]
- The ESPN Broadcast schedule for the World Cup of Hockey has been announced. [Puck Daddy]
- The Las Vegas expansion team will not be releasing their name anytime soon but here is a look at when they might release it. [Las Vegas Sun]
- Here are some possible head coaches for the upcoming Vegas team. [The Hockey News]
- In other desert hockey news, Antione Vermette was bought out by the Arizona Coyotes. [AzCentral]
- Interesting take on the 2016-2017 NHL season. The highs and the lows. [Bleacher Report]
Quick Strikes for Thursday, August 4
The Syracuse Crunch have some news, a look at Cory Conacher's path to hockey, and some desert hockey news all in today's Quick Strikes.
If you buy something from an SB Nation link, Vox Media may earn a commission. See our ethics statement.