With their contracts firmly in place, and both set to earn many millions of dollars over the coming years, Steven Stamkos and Victor Hedman have decided to go into business together. The duo have announced plans to open Stedman’s Bar and Grill in the Channelside Plaza.
Many athletes that sign big contracts seek to flex their financial muscles and go into business. It continues the flow of income into their bank accounts and can also provide a source of on-going income after they retire. For example, former NFLer Peyton Manning owns a number of Papa Johns pizza franchises. And of course legendary Buccaneer Lee Roy Selmon started a successful restaurant chain baring his name.
It’s unclear if Tampa Bay Lightning owner Jeff Vinik will have an ownership stake in this new restaurant venture, but he will benefit, since he owns the Channelside Plaza that Stedman’s Bar and Grill will be located in.
The aim of the restaurant is to provide a sports bar atmosphere where fans can come in, enjoy good food, beer, and liquor, and watch sports while surrounded by Tampa Bay sports memorabilia. Stamkos and Tampa Bay Rays third baseman Evan Longoria have been friends ever since they both arrived in town within months of each other. Rays center fielder Kevin Kiermaier has also been regularly spotted at Lightning games. Tampa Bay Buccaneers players Gerald McCoy and Jameis Winston also can be seen in Amalie Arena with some regularity supporting the Lightning.
Below is the sample menu that RawCharge was able to acquire.
- Drouin Danglers Onion Straws
- Quinton Fried Cauliflowers
- Fried Colby Rasmus Cheese Sticks
- Justin Abdelkader Chicken Wings
- Taylor Raddysh Kimchi
- Brad’s Bacon Boxburger - A double bacon burger served in a box with a side of fries
- Foot Longoria Hot Dog - A foot long hot dog with all the fixings
- MSL Sliders - Mini hamburger sliders and fries
- Callahan BBQ Colon Blocker Special - BBQ ribs, pulled pork, sliced brisket, and a whole BBQ chicken. No sides. Just protein.
- Ondrej Palat signature Chicken Alfredo - It’s his favorite dish from Olive Garden and it wouldn’t be complete without garlic sticks.
- Kevin Kiermaier Outlaw Burger - A half pound burger smothered in BBQ sauce, bacon and cheese.
- Killer BLT - Triple the bacon, triple the Killer.
- Bryan Anger’s Angry Curry - Not for the faint of heart. This curry is so spicy, it will make you cry.
- Joe Maddon’s Daily Special - It’s not on the menu any more, but every one still talks about it.
- Simeon Rice and Beans
- Corn on the Alex Cobb
- Hard Boyled Eggs
- Yanni Smashed Gourde
- Marlon Mack and Cheese
- The Triplets of the Apocalypse - Vodka, Whiskey, and Rum shots
- The Chief - Whisky, neat.
- The Melrose - An Old Fashioned
- The Vasilevskiy - A whole bottle of vodka, chilled
- CPA - Cedric Paquette Ale, specially made by Cigar City Brewery
All entrees will come with Valtteri Fil’em’up bottomless soda, tea, and water.
- Cinnamon Rollosons
- J.T. Chocolate Brownies
- Koekkoek Puff Pastries
Look for the opening of Stedman’s Bar and Grill in the near future. Perhaps even on April 1st, 2018.