Quick strikes and links for Monday, July 23rd, 2012
Hockey is not really on my mind this morning. People seem awash in the Penn State controversy, are preparing for the 2012 Olympics starting this week in the United Kingdom, and still lost on thetragedy in Aurora, Colorado. My mind is on the latter of these subjects...
- Former Lightning forward Tim Wallace signed a one-year contract with the Carolina Hurricanes last week [Lightning 101]
- Wondering what's going on with Dwayne Roloson? He conducted a goalie clinic with young hockey players last week [Delhi News Record]
- B.J. Crombeen is part of the players negotiating committee, and he's presenting a rather calm response to the owners initial offer to players [Sons of Andreychuk]
- Have you visited 20 Years of Thunder yet and cast your vote on the Bolts top moments in franchise history?
- Kris Versteeg and the Florida Panthers came to terms this morning on a four-year contract, avoiding arbitration [Florida Panthers]
- The Panthers aren't the only ones who avoided arbitration this morning [Silver Seven Sens]
- On Twitter? It may seem trivial, but help honor the memory of Jessica Redfield by tweeting the hashtag #RIPJessica and help it become a trending topic. [Media Bistro]
- An on-ice memorial for Jessica is planned for later this week [Mile High Hockey]
- Nail Yakupov has signed with the Edmonton Oilers [Kuklas Korner]