Quick Strikes for Friday, October 31
In this Halloween edition of Quick Strikes: The latest Connor McDavid power rankings, the advantage of rest for hockey teams, a new solution for Hockey Canada’s goaltending, and more.
- "Good things don't happen in Flyers-Lightning games." Not for the Flyers, at least. [Broad Street Hockey]
- The latest Connor McDavid power rankings are right here. With the Edmonton Oilers surging this past week, there is currently another team in the lead for the expected first overall draft pick in 2015. [SB Nation]
- According to this article, the longer a team has to rest at home, the better the chance of winning. [TSN]
- Europe has been excelling with its goaltending recently while Canadian goaltending has lagged a little bit. To rectify that, Hockey Canada has toured the Nordic countries to get a look at some of the best goaltending programs in the world. [Sportsnet]
- In these eight surprises around the NHL this season, there are some Atlantic Division foes. [Grantland]
- After their 4-3 loss to the Bolts last night, the Philadelphia Flyers announced the signing of veteran defenseman Carlo Colaiacovo.
- The Minnesota Wild's Thomas Vanek may be in trouble over a money laundering scheme related to an investigation this past summer. [The Score]
- This is interesting simply because it originated from the Buffalo News:
via the Buffalo News today pic.twitter.com/220znDZplF— Capitals Hill (@CapitalsHill) October 30, 2014