Quick Strikes for Monday, July 18
Arby’s, Johnny Cash and #RelationshipGoals. Yup.
- Alex Killorn’s seven-year contract extension means only one thing: Arby’s? Arby’s! And some unlimited soup, salad and breadsticks for two of the Triplets.
Congrats to my neighbor in the dressing room @Akillorn19. Looks like cally is getting a lot of @Arbys this season!!!— Ryan Callahan (@TheRealCally24) July 17, 2016
@Akillorn19 Olive Garden? @Opalat18— Tyler Johnson (@tjohnny09) July 17, 2016
- Rapid fire with Victor Hedman: Why he wears 77, his first big purchase and getting his driver’s license. [The Hockey News]
- PK Subban’s 76-hour introduction to Nashville included singing Johnny Cash at Tootsies, the world famous lounge. [predators.nhl.com]
- The NHL’s first player of color was a Chinese player named Larry Kwong. In 1948, he was thrown out on the ice with none other than Maurice "The Rocket" Richard. [MacLean’s]
- Five ways to make Hockey Night in Canada better. #4: New intermission segment: Brendan Shanahan literally drinking a giant mug of tears of every other fanbase in Canada. [Pension Plan Puppets]
- The Red Wings’ power play experienced a big drop-off last season from the year before. What went wrong? A look at their ideal power play. [Winging It in Motown]
- The Great One celebrated his 28th wedding anniversary. Can you say #RelationshipGoals?
- The AHL’s new rule on fighting will help the NHL. Here’s how. [Habs Eyes on the Prize]
- A look at the Oilers and their offensive zone tactics. [Cooper and Blue]
- The New Jersey Devils’ development camp wrap-up. [Thoughts Inside the Box]
- Viktor Tikhonov is headed back to the KHL for next season. See ya! [Today’s Slapshot]
- RFA Mike Hoffman wants to return to the Senators. [TSN]
- #9 of the top 10 goals of the New York Islanders’ season belongs to Nick Leddy. [Eyes on Isles]
Out of the 29 other active NHL teams, which franchise do you take the least amount of interest in?
|Columbus Blue Jackets||14|
|Detroit Red Wings||1|
|Los Angeles Kings||3|
|New Jersey Devils||6|
|New York Islanders||2|
|New York Rangers||0|
|San Jose Sharks||2|
|St. Louis Blues||0|
|Toronto Maple Leafs||7|