Quick Strikes for Monday, September 1
Last Word On Sports and their prospect rankings, Adam Erne gets interviewed by Tampabaylightning.com (VIDEO!) and and the Rangers life without Anton Stralman are just part of our links for Labor Day.
- The Tampa Bay Lightning have two prospects listed as top 10 Top Shelf Prospects in Last Word on Sports annual rankings. I'll give you a hint - one's a goalie and the other may or may not be shifting to center. [Last Word on Sports]
- ...but no other prospect in the organization is ranked as a TSP in the 11 - 30 rankings. [Last Word on Sports]
- Speaking of prospects, Adam Erne talks about his AHL debut with the Syracuse Crunch and what he learned from the experience:
- Meanwhile, some people are confident in Jonathan Drouin's success in 2014-15. Very confident. So confident they've already locked him in as the Calider Award winner [NHL Expert Picks]
- Public Service Announcement: You would not be wrong to "Like" Tampa Tribune Lightning beat reporter Erik Erlendsson's Facebook page. [Facebook]
- The New York Rangers will be transitioning to life without Anton Stralman this season, and while Dan Boyle will help the Blueshirts power play production, he'll also be forcing Marc Staal to step up inot a larger role on the New York blueline. [Blueshirt Banter]
- This is a couple of days old but Battle of California takes on the rumors / news of NHL expansion in only the way that Battle of Cali can - less than seriously. [Battle of California]
- And while we are on the subject of team additions and all that, there's already a blog devoted to hockey in Las Vegas. [Vegas Hockey]
The NHL should expand by how many teams?