Quick Strikes for Monday, September 27th
Links and news from around the hockey world to enjoy with your morning coffee.
- In case you missed it, Tampa Bay Lightning forward Cedric Paquette has been listed as day-to-day after an incident in Dallas. [Raw Charge]
- Also in case you missed it, the Lightning reduced their training camp roster, filled up the Syracuse Crunch's roster most of the way and put a bunch of players on waivers, ended Ray Emery's PTO, and added goalie Kevin Poulin off of waivers, all during a Sunday that contained ALL TEH NEWS! [Raw Charge]
- Here's more on Poulin being claimed by Tampa. [Today's Slapshot]
- Speaking of the Crunch, they're now headed to France for their preseason.
- 17 players have been released from the Vancouver Canucks preseason roster. What are the chances to make the big club of those who have stayed? [Canucks Army]
- The Toronto Maple Leafs have signed Brad Boyes to 1 Year Contract. [Pension Plan Puppets]
- Maple Leafs prospect Viktor Loov tells a Swedish new outlet that there's a lot of, uh, nose candy in the NHL. #sorrynotsorry? [Pension Plan Puppets]
- Referee Bob Langdon, who spent 5 seasons in the NHL, did an Ask Me Anything (AMA) after working his last game. [Reddit]
- Hilary Knight has a lot on her shoulders as the NWHL gets off the ground. [NY Times]
- Jack Garrity, 89; still owns BU hockey scoring records. [The Boston Globe]
- Arizona State University has made the plunge into hockey, and wants to show it can compete. [AZ Central]
- The Flint Firebirds opened their home season Friday at Dort Federal Event Center. [Michigan Live]
The #SyrCrunch have arrived in Montreal. Off to Lyon, France tomorrow! ✈️ pic.twitter.com/DUNIbDayrT— Syracuse Crunch (@SyracuseCrunch) September 27, 2015
How long have you been reading this blog?
|Less than a year||25|
|A few seasons||91|
|Since the beginning||13|
|Since it was Boltsmag.com||8|