Quick Strikes for Monday, September 29
With Fan Fest in the rear view, a recap, a podcast about the Lightning, and the Praise family rallies during trying times. Your Monday morning reads are here.
- Carolina Hurricanes fans running Canes Weekly Podcast had there (ta-da!) weekly podcast, focused on the Tampa Bay Lightning this week with our own Clark Brooks as the guest [Canes Weekly Podcast]
- Alexis Boucher has a complete first-hand recap of the events from Saturday at Tampa Bay Lightning fan fest. [Lightning Shout!]
- In case you're wondering and missed it in the off season, we've got the complete Tampa Bay Lightning schedule here. [Raw Charge]
- New York Islanders fans have had it rough while watching games in the undersized, ancient Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum. At Barclays Center, they'll just have the annoyance of a center-ice scoreboard that isn't at center ice. [imgur]
- Kansas City saw NHL action on Saturday, and the crowd was pretty good... [kansascity.com]
- ...here's the visual proof. [imgur]
- Former Lightning defenseman Brian Lee has been released from his professional try out with the Nashville Predators. [Facebook]
- The Minnesota Wild's Zach Parise's family is facing trying times at the moment, but the family unites and goes on while his father, J.P. Parise, battles illness. [StarTribune.com]
What do you think of the new Tampa Bay Lightning alternate jersey?
|I like it!||237|
|Meh. When's the next puck drop?||71|