Quick Strikes for Sunday, August 21
Discussing hockey jersey ads in Vegas, the fallout from Vesey signing in New York, another goalie unveils their World Cup mask, and a few other reads from around hockey for your Sunday.
- In case you missed it, a great disturbance in the Force has been once again erupted in homage of both Steve Yzerman and the Star Wars franchise... [Gameday Depot]
- Consider this a little housekeeping: We do have a Google+ page for Raw Charge. [Google+]
- For the sake of discussion (in comments, please), can you know of other Tampa Bay Lightning blogs? Let us know at the comments on this post to discuss blogs (be they popular blogs or little known sites for that matter).
- One often debated subject is advertising on NHL jerseys. The discussion about ads on jerseys doesn't usually go into an individual market angle.... With Las Vegas joining the NHL, that angle is up for discussion. [The Sin Bin]
- Commissioner Gary Bettman versus science and facts and concussions... [Pension Plan Puppets]
- Going into detail on the new contract signed by the Calgary Flames Sean Monahan. [Matchsticks and Gasoline]
- Part of a series that's been used during most of the off-season, there's a reflection on the Columbus Blue Jackets that leads to the moment for the franchise from last season of note: The start of time with John Tortorella as head coach. [The Dark Blue Jacket]
- Some aren't happy with Jimmy Vesey heading to the Rangers... [The Big Bad Blog]
- Vesey also missed out on an opportunity with the Bruins; he was told he'd be skating with David Krejci should he land in Boston. [The Big Bad Blog]
- The stylish antics of one Mister P.K. Subban in his new swinging environment of Nashville, Tennessee. [On the Forecheck]
- Goalie Matt Murray's goalie mask for the 2016 World Cup of Hockey can be seen here. [Pensburg]