Quick Strikes for Thursday August 7th
Some stories from around the hockey world and hockey blogosphere.
Just a little reading from yesterday in case you missed it... And no, the Stadium Series game at Levi's Stadium is not included.
- The ECHL and Central Hockey League are talking merger. It's thought to partially enable a west relocation/expansion for AHL teams. The Lightning share an affiliation in the ECHL and are affiliated with the Brampton Beast in the CHL. [Pro Hockey Talk]
- Thinking of Jamaica and the Winter Olympics invokes the thought of their bobsledding. Right now the Caribbean nation is training for 2018... for ice hockey [The Color of Hockey]
- What is it with Team Canada and the World Junior Hockey Championships camp? Last summer, #3 overall draft pick Jonathan Drouin sustained a foot injury that knocked him out of the camp. This year, its #1 overall draft choice Aaron Ekblad who is out for the entirety of camp due to a concussion. [TSN]
- Michael Del Zotto signed a contract with the Flyers on Wednesday, and Adam Proteau sees that as proof the defense in Philly isn't all that special. [The Hockey News]
- The Winnipeg Jets aren't winning people over for their roster management, and fans aren't very fond of their asset management either. [Arctic Ice Hockey]
- Evgeni Nabokov had locker room presence for the Islanders, that's something John Tavares remarked about in a bigger quote regarding Isles goaltending changes this summer. [Lighthouse Hockey]
- ...and the Isles are the most improved team this offseason, according to Puck Daddy who lists the top 10 most-improved teams this off season. [Puck Daddy]
- Steve Yzerman wants a certain type of player, and Brenden Morrow may be a perfect example of it. [Bolts by the Bay]
- Steven Stamkos gets ranked among Sports Illustrated's 50 Fittest Athletes [Lightning Shout]
Would you like daily link dump posts at Raw Charge?