Quick Strikes for Tuesday, November 11
Controversy caused by a Lightning prospect, some nice things being said about the Bolts, a Goal of the Year candidate, and more in our Quick Strikes for Tuesday.
- Erik Erlendsson cites the Tampa Bay Lightning's depth as the reason for the early season success. [CBS Tampa Bay]
- Collegiate hockey player and Lightning prospect Matthew Peca caused a stir from a hit he delivered on Cornell's Cole Bardreau. Peca received a five-minute major, but the play resulted in a war of words between the head coaches. of the schools involved. [The Hockey News]
- The crew over at ESPN had some nice things to say about Tampa Bay after the club's recent successes. [ESPN]
- LEGO goalies? They're here. OYO Sports has produced a Ben Bishop figure. It's not quite as big as he is. [OYO Sports]
- Goal of the Year? Boston Bruins rookie Seth Griffith scored an unbelievable tally last night on New Jersey Devils goalie Cory Schneider. [SB Nation]
- The Dallas Stars were preseason darlings, but they've now lost seven in a row. Former Lightning goalie Anders Lindback continues to struggle. What's going wrong? [Bleacher Report]
- I hope you had a meal before you click this one. Imagine your favorite NHL team as a restaurant chain. Which would you choose? How do the associations stand up? [Pensburgh]
- Don Cherry looked visibly frustrated Saturday night over the fact his segment of Coach's Corner on Hockey Night in Canada had been cut to five minutes. One writer wonders, though, is Don Cherry trying to get himself fired? [Toronto Sun]
- The DinoMights, a program serving underprivileged youth in Minnesota, has gained an unlikely supporter in country music superstar Garth Brooks. [Fox 9 Twin Cities]
For Tampa Bay area amateur hockey players: Which local ice facility do you like best?
|Clearwater Ice Arena||12|
|Brandon Ice Sports Forum||130|
|Tampa Bay Skating Academy (||25|
|Unhappy with local facilities at current||26|